In A Relationship
how things change...
February 15 2007
I think itâ€™s interesting to look back on old quiz-thingums like this and notice the things that have changed and the things that are exactly the sameâ€¦this one is from mon. nov. 28, 2005, and it is now thur. Feb. 15, 2007; a year and a half, approx. really interesting stuff. Watch:
1) Last thing you burned while attempting to cook?
fried eggs; it wasn't my fault i was rusty: i haven't made them in months, and last time i did i had a no-stick skillet. this time it was in iron skillet.
--2007: I think that was it; lately all Iâ€™ve cooked is popcorn chicken, and I havenâ€™t burnt that once.
2) Describe yourself in 3 words?
musical, funny, twisted.
3) How long does it take you to get ready for your day?
depends on which day.
--2007: 5-15 minutes
4) Favorite place to blow $50?
depositing it into my bank account.
5) How many people have you thought were "the one"?
two: one incorrectly, one remains to be seen.
--2007: four: two incorrectly, one because I was drunk and she was desperate, and one remains to be seen.
6) What is something that turns you off from the opposite sex?
7) What kind of car do you drive?
white '91 toyota corolla sr5.
--2007: I donâ€™t. working on it though.
8) What's in your CD player right now?
2 nine inch nails mixes i made myself, with_teeth, a mix from my girlfriend, and a cd a co-worker made with his brother (old-school rock).
--2007: donâ€™t own one anymore.
9) What celebrity would you have coffee with?
probably john cusack.
--2007: john cusack or bob dylan; maybe a few others.
10) What celebrity would you NOT have coffee with?
i don't know. with the media these days, somebody i think i don't like could end up being my best friend.
11) What kind of toothpaste do you use?
i honestly don't know. i just pick one out of the cheap section.
--2007: same lol
12) What time do you go to bed?
i work third shift and go to college. i don't have a specific bedtime.
--2007: I kind of play things by ear these daysâ€¦
13) Last movie you saw?
man on fire (denzel washington, dakota fanning: 2004).
--2007: rumor has it (Jennifer aniston, mark ruffalo, Kevin Costner: 2006)
14) Last TV show you watched?
--2007: that 70s show
15) Who is your best friend?
kenneth and mary lane are tied.
--2007: sarah and trent and Leonard and nikki are tied.
16) Who in your family do you best get along with?
--2007: dad or matt
17) Who do you lust after?
18]) What time is it?
19) Are you planning a vacation/travel?
i want to have a nationwide scavenger hunt someday, maybe when gas prices go to under a dollar.
--2007: still want to do that, but otherwise just hoping for some sort of tour whenever I can get a band together.
20) When/Where was the last time you traveled?
the retreat a few weeks ago.
--2007: End of last year when I had to hitchhike through east TN.
21) How many times have you been in love?
twice...last time was a mistake.
--2007: thrice, and I donâ€™t regret any of them. I learned something through the first two and the third is current.
22) How old will you be in 10 years?
--2007: almost 30, dammit.
23) Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
i honestly couldn't tell you, and thats how i like it. i would like to be in a house i own with a girl i'm married to, maybe with a kid or two under my belt, and own my own record label. time will tell...i can tell you by that time i will definitely have the label...
24) Sinful snacking weakness?
--2007: hells yeah, fritos.
not really a fan.
26) Ever run out of gas?
27) Ever been on a train?
28) Ever been on a blind date?
--2007: still yes
29) Ever been to Europe?
--2007: still no
30) What would you do if you could be the opposite sex for one day?
31) Would you tell anyone it was you?
if i had to decide, i probably wouldn't have done it in the first place.
--2007: I bring a valid point here.
32) Ever been arrested?
33) Have a crush on anyone you work with?
lol...i used to have plenty.
--2007: not since then
34) What is something you believe in?
35) What is something you fear?
not being able to protect the people i care about.
36) Big or small?
off the top of my head...
--myself: moderately large.
--bank accounts: big.
--burgers: big, but not TOO big.
--paperwork: massively small.
--2007: same, plusâ€¦
--hitching distances: small
--joints: HUGE (except I quit)
--bottles: HUGE (again with the reform)
--parties: HUGE (notice a pattern?)
--love: deeper than the sea
--hate: smaller than my best friendâ€™sâ€¦nevermind
37) What is the worst pain you have ever experienced?
physical: a few weeks ago i got my hand slammed in the cardboard baler at work.
emotional: i don't want to talk about it.
--2007: holy hell, I forgot about that balerâ€¦
38) What is your favorite television show?
malcom in the middle or that 70s show.
--2007: scrubs, hands-down
39) Ever photoshopped yourself to look better in a picture?
40) Tell us something about your childhood.
you don't want to know.
--2007: you still donâ€™t want to know
41) What would it cost for you to flash the person next to you?
--2007: $50 maybe.
42) Best time to catch you in a good mood?
around mary lane after i just got paid.
--2007: around sarah or working on my guitar, cassandra
43) If you could be anything for one day, what would it be?
--2007: a better person
44) Most prized possesion(s)?
--2007: same, but different guitar
45) Would you ever sell it/how much?
heck no; my guitar was a gift, and it's a nice dean acous/elec.
--2007: funny you should mention, the one I was referring to in â€™05 I sold in spring â€™06 to make rent. I hope never to sell Cassandra, but God only knowsâ€¦
46) What is one of your pet peeves?
when people ask sexual questions on these surveys. seriously - a person's sex life is not something the whole world should be reading about. if you want to know, ASK.
47) Favorite kind of ice cream?
--2007: choc. Chip cookie dough
48) Coolest thing that happened today?
i slept for 12.5 hours.
--2007: last night, anyway, a couple in a white car picked me up off the street so I didnâ€™t have to walk another hour and a half through the snow
56) What do you usually order from starbucks?
i don't. starbucks is for a different caste than me.
--2007: jones effing cream soda baby
57) What is/was your biggest mistake?
aquainting myself with eric samuel ellis.
--2007: tied between that and that drinking bingeâ€¦
58) Have you ever hurt yourself on purpose?
no, but i have a dedication to work so intense that to get a job done right i have a tendency to completely ignore any sense of personal well-being.
59) Say something totally random about you:
i thouroughly enjoyed that bovarian creme donut.
--2007: I miss my liquorâ€¦
60) Has anyone ever said you looked like a celebrity?
just last night.
61) Do you still watch kiddy movies or tv shows?
--2007: once in awhile
62) Did you have braces?
--2007: still yes
63) Are you comfortable with your height?
would it really matter if i wasn't?
--2007: despite my above sarcasm, I always have been.
64) What is the most romantic thing done by someone of the opposite sex?
i was told i could buy a promise ring.
--2007: my first kiss with sarah.
65) When do you know it's love?
--2007: when you genuinely want whats best for them, even if it sucks ass for you.
66. Do you speak other languages?
--2007: I speak the language ofâ€¦.i canâ€™t really think of anything funny to say here. No.
67) Have you ever been to a tanning salon?
i applied for a job there once.
68) What magazines do you read?
69) Have you ever ridden in a limo?
--2007: still no
70) Has anyone you were really close with passed away?
--2007: still yes
71)Have you ever watched MTV?
yeah, i don't really like it.
72) What's something that really annoys you?
73) What's something you really like?
74) Do you like michael jackson?
--2007: actually yes
75) Can you dance?
i'm told no.
76) What's the latest you've ever stayed up?
the week before last i stayed up 5 days straight by accident.
--2007: I think that about covers it
77) Have you ever thought that you were honestly going to die?
once or twice...fuck you, eric.
--2007: more times than I care to remember
78) Have you ever been rushed by an ambulance into the emergency room?
well, technically, the ambulance can only go right outside the lobby. you have to be carried into the ER by the doctors and all them. and no, i haven't.
--2007: still no
79) Do you actually read these when other people fill them out?
80) Who did you take this from?
--2007: myself! hahaha
81) Whats your full name?
michael thomas burton.
82) If you had to pick another city to live in... but it was in the same state what city would you choose?
83) Favortie place in the world?
anywhere with a recording studio or music shop.
--2007: not sureâ€¦.out of where Iâ€™ve been, Iâ€™d say sarahâ€™s family
84) Best feeling you ever had?
making mary lane smile.
--2007: working out hypotheticals on sarahâ€™s demo with her, in the car Wednesday night when I asked her if she would want to be part of my life dreamâ€¦
85) Life goal or dream?
i want to own a record label - including at least one studio and several bands, and controlling production, recording/mastering, distrobution and booking - and a small coffee shop. i want to be married and have one or twoo kids. i want to be a good father.and it wouldn't hurt to be good in bed.
--2007: well Iâ€™ve achieved the good in bed part, and the rest still holds true.